DOCUMENTARY UNIT - FINE CUT AND FINAL CUT-CATFISH MERCHANT

There was a-lot that I needed work on in the final edit, but I had a little check list that helped me through.

first i needed to sort out the shots and audio of Caitlin, because we didn't have close-up shots of her, I moved the framing forwarded but the picture quality is not the best, however the audience can now see a little closer then before, there was a buzzing noise in the background of the audio however, I was unable to get rid of that and i used the shots because it was information in which was needed.

After showing Ferg the rough cut he commented about an issue in which i had seen, when Caitlin is on the computer it stayed on her for far to long, I cut that scene down and came in tighter on the shots I  also used 2 screen shots to fill the screen for the examples of what she was talking about, because I didn't have the tight shots, I made it work with the images.

I noticed that I had some jump cuts that really need to be fixed and/or covered up, the cuts were made because there were a-lot of "umming" and stutters in the interviews, but 2 of the interviewee's, didn't come up for air! so the dialogue just keep rolling into one, so a couple of pieces of dialogue i just had to cut off sharp.

Katie worked on the title, credits and the 'points' at the end, Helen asked for us to add pictures or examples in behind, but they where imported from an MP3 folder and couldn't be amended on the last day of edit.
Katie took the feedback about getting the font looking 'Vouge' from Helen really well, as the title looks glamorous and fashionable.

We used archive footage with funky music at the front of the film because I wanted to show straight away what the film was about, the quality is not that good but the film worked with the narrative.

I added sound effects to the images that I showed during my presenting and the word 'Couture' and 'Manure' to it i did this to make it a little bit more breezy.

I brought the interview audio forward so that in started during the sequence and this made the film less ridged.

Overall i feel like it's not the best work I have produced but it is the best I could do with the footage that I had. I played about a little with colour grading but I wanted to do more. I just didn't have the time.





Comments

Most viewed