DOCUMENTARY - MATERIAL GATHERING - CATFISH MERCHANT.




For the re-enactment, we ideally needed Katie's original prom dress however we don't have that so we decided to Purchase one online.

this is the dress that we purchased for the price of £10.98, it was from a company that was based in Middlesex however when I paid through PayPal I actually paid a company in Hong Kong.




The dress that turned up was very similar to this one however we ordered a size '8 and we received a medium and the threading was hanging out, there was a stain inside the dress and the belt was thinner then the one that is shown in the photograph, plus the flowers have been put in after the photo was taken here are the other dresses online that back up my theory.






The last picture demonstrates the same pose that has been throughout the advertising however the flowers have gone? they have in fact been superimposed on the model, as the dress has had also. (I do not own the rights to these pictures but they where posted on a public social media platform).
The pose of the model stays the same suggesting some editing or photoshopping that has been happing, we have researched this an this is what we will bring up in the interview with the fashion students at UCA.
The script has slightly changed from what we had first discussed as the first script was going to be very much like the BBC's 'rip of Britain' type of programme, however as we want to make it more breezy and appeal to the younger generation of the 18-34's demographic, it was paramount that the presenter (me) talks about the same experiences.
I have thrown away the dresses that I had about 5 years ago and the dress that we bought wasn't the best example of a scam, although its not the best made it does look very similar to the one (we that was advertised, we can demonstrate the fit of that on Katie on the actuality) so I took it upon myself to purchase another dress so that we could have a good example, I browsed through eBay and came across a dress that cost £16 and I am looking forward to the outcome.






This dress is stunning in every way, the modal is standing in a historical location and it is evident that she is either getting married or on her way to a very fancy ball.
I post is coming from a UK location, however, when I made a payment it was to a company in Hong Kong.

Below is my receipt from PayPal to demonstrate where I made the payment, next is for me to google the image to see where this photo is from.






After further investigation on this dress I found 3 other people advertising for the same dress at all different Prices, I email one comapany.




In the right-hand corner is the message that I sent to the company in regards to the picture that they are using, I never did get a reply back however these are the other companies using the same image.






After researching only the image of the dress that I have thought I have purchased I came across numerous websites of the same image of the dress, yet I still don't know who the designer is or which one of the websites could be legit?


But what I do know is that the price I paid is the less out of all the other websites that are advertising the same dress, my next mission is to find out who's image this actually belongs too and the designer.

Comments

Most viewed