DIRECTIONS - CAST



In the past I have used mnady.com and Star-now to put out my casting call, I think mandy.com is a more professional website where as Star-now is a free site and can attract non-professionals.

Also in past castings I have asked them to send in a video of an extract of the script so I could get a feel of them playing a particular role.

I have always responded to my applications even if they was not successful because they may not have suited the part that I posted but may be useful in my future projects.

In this particular project I made the choice (but could also be a rookie mistake) to sort my main characters out before I had finally decided on my scene, the reason for this is because I had the opportunity to work with a professional actor who is known for a lead part in Eastenders, I didn't want to turn that opportunity down to do so as he is doing it for no fee.
lucky for me I have chosen a scene in which I still feel he would be great for.


For my first idea I wanted to pull some actors out of the bag who I have been (and still) associated with, I pulled a few string and spoke to a few of them, however if this idea does not work out I will still use them in any which way that I can because I have already contacted them.

Here are my actor resumes and I will explain after why I have chose them.


I met Tony in 2016 whilst I was a manager at a restaurant we had a few mutual friends and he read some of my work in which later on i attached him on one of my screenplays (he is doing that for free also), he is a great actor I like his style of acting, your "Typical" South Londoner and the films I like to watch are British cockney violent based films, they seem raw and real to me, I like the hand held camera angles that the directors use in them as if it was almost like documentary style.





Brady Powell has been an actor for about 8 years however has not had a break yet, he has been in a few productions and never attended a drama school but has taken acting classes, I have known Brady for over 20 years when he was very young, he was also the actor in my class mates project on 'Script to screen' unit, he is also very fitting to my 1st idea and will adapt to any role that I have in mind for other projects he takes direction well and am pleased to have him on board.

Comments

Most viewed