DIRECTION - MY FIRST DIRECTOR AND FILM IDEA.




The Director that I automatically choose was Julian Gilbey, as he directed one of my favourite films 'Rise of the foot Soldiers' I like the low lighting that he uses to create an ominous feel of his characters, he also uses a-lot of close-ups to create tension of his characters, I feel like this would be an achievable goal for me to direct as i have seen the film many times and wanted to work more with dark shadows and an eerie atmosphere.

I sent him messages via twitter and added him on facebook, however he has not contacted me back as yet (but he did except me friend request).

I choose him also because I know the storey of the range rover murders very well and thought it would be good to recreate that scene.

Here is some on the scene that I wanted to re-create.









Looking at the scene it may be very complex for the lighting and the set up for the camera shots, but thats what Julian did, he liked high shots as well as uncomfortable close up shots.

I also would want to film at night and keep it as close to the story as I could and as you can see by these shots it was also snowing, I can recreate it and make it my own however, It has is a controversial story which has been told many times.

the reason also why I like this scene is for the tension build up with the characters in the Range rover with less dialogue and more tension shots.

This is my 1st choice, but I am still looking at other directors.

Below is Julian's Resume.



he has some impressive stuff under his belt but I still want to dig deeper into the research for him.



Comments

Most viewed