SCRIPT TO SCREEN - CASTING



Casting was a challenge for me as I put a casting call out on StarNow for 'Annie', who is a 78 year old to play a cancer patient.
I spoke with Simon because it was getting close to shot day and i still had no actress for the part!
Simon told me to use Mandy.com because StarNow is mainly for peole looking for paid work and not those who are looking for experience within the field.

Within a day I got a few applicants but the one who stood out he most was Susan Bearstead, I asked her to send
audition tape of a few lines so that I could see her potential.



I contacted Sue straight away because the way she said the lines was exactly the way that I had wrote them and she soon became 'Annie' in my creative mind, also I liked the way she sent two video's, one with glasses and one without because as the writer and director that I was on this project it was nice to see a character change visually, I did opt not to use the glasses but at least i got to see it.

I also watched her showreel on Mandy and found out that she has performed in previous projects at Maidstone studios for the UCA students.














Comments

Most viewed