SCRIPT TO SCREEN - EDIT WORKSHOP - NO4 - FAIRLY LEGAL

FAIRLY LEGAL.





Today we was learning about the 'Ripple' and 'Roll' tool.
We used shots taken from fairly legal, we had to edit together varied shots in which thought would match, by using the Ripple and Roll tool.

The way I think about it (from hearing) is we 'Roll' the motion and 'Ripple' the sound. I also learned that we can get two images in the top right hand side of the screen, this enables us to get the correct eye level when we are rolling our edit.

The most challenging thing I found hard was get the sound to match the action but by using the ripple tool it was a lot easier, I am still learning but these tools helped me a lot as a beginner.


Trimming can also be used but it effects the length of the edit where as 'roll' will not effect the length.

I really enjoyed this session, I understand that having good footage is such a big advantage when it comes to editing which has made me think about how I want to shoot my material.

Comments

Most viewed