F. Fictional Adaptation - Test Shoots.

Testing out a few shots took on my mobile phone and filmed in 4k.

Testing the light.
The first test shot was to determine the light and dark of the location, taking in. the sunlights position, this was to determine whether or not we needed to use our LED lights or not.



I liked the fact the shot was taken but it was only to see how the light reflected off of the structural interior of the church, it also gave me a nice clip if I needed to use it.

The alter camera shot.


I and my AD ( Jasmin) went through potential shots that we could use before my DOP could get to the location. I wanted to do a panning shot of the Bride and groom, but unfortunately, the shot looked messy and untidy and wouldn't fit into the other shots in which I intended to get, so we had a trial and era.

The pan shot.


I wanted to see what it would be like to reveal the bride from an up-ward pan shot.
The challenged that I faced were that the floor was uneven, the focus was out and overall the shot looked messy.
The reason that I wanted the shot at first is that the holy water bowl was in the far round and that would represent purity.
The shot did not work but at least it was tried and tested when it came to the edit.


Overall I had many shots that I liked and could not use, but the 3 above are the main tested ones that I am happy to explain why I did not use them yet how they were good for my research in editing.

filming on my own iPhone was also good as the quality still stands out and I can see now for the future that I could potentially do a film just using my iPhone.

Comments

Most viewed