DOCUMENTARY - RESEARCHING THE RESEARCHES - REACHING OUT TO CONTACTS.


How is there a better way to get a better understanding of how the expert's research for there documentaries? ask the experts.

Me and my fellow study buddy Alix thought that it was a good idea to try and reach out to networking channels and production companies to find out how they get their information and people to be involved with there programmes.

We called the following organisations.

  • Betty tv
  • channel 4
  • ITV Meridian news 
  • Talkback productions
  • Terrific tv
  • Channel 5
  • BBC 
We got contacts for the main people that we had to email and we sent over emails to those people.
Later that night I asked Alix for the email template and I also sent over to relevant people on my Linkedin page.

I got a message from a Johann Insanelythe line producer from Passion Productions to say he has seen my post about wanting to research the documentary area and that he could potentially help us out, below is a screen
of a page on their website with a list of documentary fils that they have been involved with so far.

 


We will chase up those who haven't responded but I am still very happy that at least one person has responded within a week.

In this industry, you have to show that you are not afraid to reach out but also it has to be done in a professional way.

Comments

Most viewed