SCRIPT TO SCREEN - SCREENWRITING RESEARCH - REF MATERIAL















 Through-out my Screen writing process I have done some external research on writing methods using the following books:




Page 53 - 56, What makes bad dialogue?

As Steve Coombes also explained about writing dialogue, this book also explains that all character in the screenplay shouldn't sound the same, how we speak is usually how we would write dialogue but this can be very boring and unnatural for the audience to watch.
 There are different reasons for the way we speck it could be where we grew up, the way our parents spoke, the education that we have had, the age we are and maybe the type of job we may have.
People tend to use current trend words that they used whilst growing up, I used the word 'wicked' meaning 'good' , now the youth of today say 'Lit'.
Although I have not used any youth dialogue in my screenplay this book has made me think different about the use of words that I could maybe add.

There was a good exercise that I did from this book I wrote some dialogue for my two characters and I compared the dialogue to see if they were different, as one of my characters is 78 and the other is 10 years old, I could demonstrate that I did use the appropriate dialogue although they have similar tones, what they say is evidence that they are generations apart.














Comments

Most viewed